Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nature Journals

Outdoor Hour buttonI have a new passion...those of you who follow my blog know how much I love and use science notebooks.  Recently I stumbled across a resource for Nature Journals from a blogger who uses this for homeschooling.  Her resources are amazing!! Check out Handbook of Nature Study for a ton of ideas including the outdoor hour challenges, seasonal nature walks and my favorite Nature Journals.


The idea of Nature journals is to go outside with a focus for the day and sit and draw what you see.  The kids I work with found it very relaxing and continued to do it on the weekends too! 
Here are a few pictures of my students nature journals from my after school club...







I see myself spending many hours this summer sitting and observing nature...at the beach, in my yard and at the local parks.  I certainly can not wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment